Last updated: June 23, 2022
💭 On this page is a list of evidence-based talking points and narratives showing that Basic Income works. We invite you to use this as a resource and share it with other activists and politicians who may find it helpful in their advocacy.
Click on arrows to expand.
- Technology is melting wages, erasing jobs, and polarizing economic opportunity and quality of life.
- Basic income increases entrepreneurship and gives everyone the ability to take risks.
- Basic income significantly improves health & educational outcomes.
- Basic income supports working people and ends the poverty trap of current social assistance programs.
- Basic income has broad public support across the political spectrum.
- Basic income can grow Canada's economy more than it costs — while ending poverty.
Download the **PDF version here.** Want to suggest an edit? Email email@example.com.
See a 2-page version of this factsheet here:
Canadian Basic Income Factsheet 2021