The goal of this page is to enable smooth collaboration through proactive expectations management.
💡 What matters is that you know how to share visibility and manage expectations over your busy periods
✅ To do
- [ ] Set your working hours directly in your Google calendar's settings so people get notified if they try to schedule something outside of your usual availability
- [ ] Indicate your time zone (same process)
🧠 To know
- [ ] Google calendar is the source of truth about your availability
- [ ] You can reflect your availability in Slack when you're out for lunch or in a meeting, so people don't expect the instant messaging to be that instant
- [ ] You can integrate Google Calendar and Slack
- [ ] It's ok to block time for yourself when you don't want to be bothered, whether you're doing deep work, feeding your baby, sorting through emails.
- [ ] You can colour code your google calendar, right click on an event to change its colour. Personally, I (Marie 👋) like my "shared time" in orange so it POPS 💥 (my projects time is blue).
Work with us
😏 Do you like what you see? Work with us — We're growing, check out our open opportunities.
🤓 Book a demo