💡 We’ve been thinking a lot about our organisational health at Ukraine DAO.
This page provides a summary of our guiding principles (Our values) and tips on how to grow and thrive as our community member.
These values are very important to observe in our every day coordination.
- Reading recommendation for everyone who wants to organise their own team - “The Advantage” by Patrick Lencioni
Check out Building Ukraine DAO to see the materials that helped us develop this page
🔱 Use the Power of Web3 tech and online community to help Ukraine win by replacing russian lies with Ukrainian Truth.
- 1. Help defend Ukraine against the unprovoked russian invasion - including in the info space.
- 2. Counter russian propaganda and disinformation, amplify Ukrainian voices.
- 3. Help rebuild Ukraine after the Victory.
We are not neutral. Neutrality in the fact of evil, is evil.
Respect for Ukraine’s agency.
- We strongly believe in Ukraine’s right to defend itself against the unprovoked russian invasion.
- Our community is Ukraine-centric.
- We place high value on the perspectives of Ukrainians.
- Westplaining is NOT tolerated. In group discussions, priority is given to Ukrainian voices. We understand that our opinions can be challenged by others, and we approach new conversations with curiosity and an open mind.
- We maintain a sense of humour even in challenging circumstances.
- In our community we share a lot of memes and jokes, and try to cheer each other up as much as possible.
- We understand that humour is often a source of comfort and a coping mechanism for Ukrainians.
- We speak, both within the DAO and externally, in an honest and straightforward way.
- Conflicts are addressed head on. They are not something to be avoided at all costs. Conflict Resolution
- Open debates and strong personal relationships are highly valued in the DAO.
- We take on tasks with a sense of personal responsibility.
- We have the initiative to put in effort, find answers, and problem-solve independently when possible.
- We take pride in the quality of effort that we put into our work.
Things to work on
- In terms of governance (decision-making), the DAO will be adopting elements of holacracy.
- Pod-Specific Governance.
- More info - ‣ and Building Ukraine DAO
- Clear boundaries allowing contributors to lead.
- Dynamic roles and responsibilities that are transparent and evolve as the organization changes.
- Practicing Non-Violent Communication among contributors - empathetically listening and honestly expressing.