🔻 Slides and interactive notebook available
- What? An in-person, hands-on, free workshop introducing machine learning
- For whom? PhD students, postdocs, and PIs affiliated with the University of Tübingen
- When? July 6th, 2022, from 9:00 to 17:00 (with pauses)
- Where? Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Lecture hall (ground floor), Max-Planck-Ring 4, 72076 Tübingen
- Instructors? Alexandra Gessner, Seth Axen, ‣, @ML ⇌ Science Colaboratory, Cluster of Excellence *ML for Science.*
In the tutorial part, we will discuss with the aid of interactive demonstrations topics such as
- Foundational ML notions: data features, model complexity, generalization, evaluation of performance, ...
- Neural networks: gradient-based training, feature extraction, architectures, transfer learning, …
- Data types: text, time series, relational data, images, ...
- Programming ML models vs. traditional software.
- The ML workflow in practice, from data collection to performance evaluation.
- Limitations of ML for science.
In the workshop part, we will jointly look at specific use-cases brought by the attendees and discuss how to design ML projects to address them.
- Scholars from all disciplines are warmly invited to join; no math or programming skills will be assumed.
- Bring your own laptop, and please check your eduroam config before coming!