- Go slow now to go far later.
- Mastery of the fundamentals takes time but it is worth it.
- If you understand the fundamentals, you can reason about any of the abstractions built on top of them.
- Your words are your world.
- Vocabulary matters. Your mental models can only be as strong as the language you have to describe them.
- The quality of your solution is determined by your ability to articulate the problem.
- Learning is a skill...
- …and it is the most important skill in the world.
- ....and like all other skills, it can be developed and improved upon with intentional practice.
- We learn by repeated exposure. ****What was once intimidating becomes familiar and approachable through repetition.
Technical Curriculum Overview
Module X: Computer Science Foundations (Sept - Aug (11 months))
Unit X: Data Structures, Algorithms, and Algorithm Analysis
Module 0: Front End Foundations (Sept - Oct)
Unit 0: Preparation: Intro to git, Github, and the Command Line. What is Web Development?
Unit 1: HTML5/CSS3
Module 1: Introduction to Programming Paradigms and Computational Thinking (Oct - Dec)
Unit 3: Functional Abstractions and Structured Problem Solving
Unit 5: The Document Object Model