Taktile is a technology company building cloud-native software that underpins the financial products of the future. We focus on financial services, because they are a critical backbone of modern society, helping individuals and companies finance their dreams and insure against adverse scenarios. Our goal is to become the leading AI Platform for the banking industry and our software is already being used to underwrite hundreds of thousands of loans every day.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services. Our team consists of engineers**,** entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies, startups, and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, firstminute Capital and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.
What You'll Do
- Execute qualitative and quantitative user research processes for a variety of different kinds of interactions, from formal user interviews to informal industry expert conversations to sales calls
- Iterate rapidly with early customers to define the experience of engaging with our product, from scoping user's problems and defining workflows to creating mocks and conducting research to (in)validate key hypotheses
- Work within a strong team to define a world-class user experience for our users and collaborate with engineers to deliver that experience
- Leverage your product know how to find creative solutions to modernize legacy processes in enterprises, contributing to strategic decisions about the future direction of Taktile's products
- Support shaping Taktile's visual identity across channels and develop our design language and processes without supervision
- Come into the office (in Berlin) at least a couple of days a week, once the COVID-19 pandemic lets up.
- Learn together with your co-workers, by following your intellectual curiosity to discover more about new markets and technologies as well as by participating in our active feedback culture
Ideal, But Not Required
- Experience using Figma to wireframe and prototype
- Familiarity with the principles of Material Design
- Ability to code in React and Typescript
- Proficiency in German, or a willingness to learn
- Work with colleagues that lift you up, challenge you, celebrate you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields. If you are similarly capable, caring, and driven, you'll find yourself at home here.
- Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company.
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy and communicate directly with founding team members. Having an opinion and voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo.