Join us as our founding backend engineer. This is a unique opportunity to join a seed-stage, VC-backed, USA-based startup in the web3 infrastructure space.
Wido is an early startup with real users. We’re just launching our first integrations — it’s the best time to join and be part of our journey right from the beginning!
What will you do:
In the short term, you will work on our Zap Router — mainly Backend (Python) and Smart Contracts (Solidity). It is used daily by top DeFi protocols like Yearn.Finance, Pickle.Finance, Harvest.Finance with more to come.
You will also be involved with the following:
- Most importantly: you will solve our customers’ problems
- You will build and impact a product that will help people access and benefit from an open, decentralised and more efficient financial system powered by DeFi
- Work directly with the CTO and CEO and build our core systems
What you need to have:
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Great understanding of multiple programming languages, including at least one of Golang, C++, Solidity, Python
- Experience with cloud providers AWS, GCP or Azure
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations
- Familiar with digital-native online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Experience or interest in Blockchain and Crypto
- Experience working cross-functionally and directly with stakeholders