When accuracy is important, you can create with precision.
Learn how to draft with precisely using this guide.
Type Exact Lengths to control the length of an edge or the distance of a move.
Type an exact length at any time:
- When creating new geometry, to control edge length
- When moving geometry, to control the move distance
- When extruding geometry, to control the extrusion distance
Control Edge Length for New Geometry
To draw a rectangle of exact dimensions:
- Select the rectangle drawing tool
- click the starting point and type the width (y) dimension e.g. 100
- click where you want the 100 ft (m) line to finish
- type the length dimension e.g. 50
- click to complete rectangle
Use the same approach for lines, and the sides of a polygon.