We enable, support, and connect those working to redesign Oxygen Concentrators to be fit-for-purpose in Low Resource Settings
🧭 Our mission. We're driving collaborative structures for improving Oxygen Concentrator performance. We aim to catalyze;
- Improved Oxygen Concentrator products. Robust devices in high heat, humidity, and dusty environments that are easy to use and service. Resilient to power-related challenges. Producing (as a minimum) 82% pure oxygen. And conducive to supply chain and facility management challenges, such as sitting idle.
- Sustainable business models for optimal Oxygen Concentrator growth, impact, and value. To avoid equipment graveyards we also need effective servicing models.
The Oxygen CoLab is part of COVIDaction, a project funded by UK Aid from the UK Government. We have partnered with UNICEF to support their publication of a new Target Product Profile for Oxygen Concentrators. UNICEF aims to provide a long-term innovation pathway, via prize funding, for new products to reach scale in the market.
- Networked Learning to inspire UNICEF's Target Product Profile and to generate opportunities and ideas for experiments and prototypes that explore TPP content. This has been enabled by a six part workshop scoping series more on those sessions here.
- Connection to encourage cross-pollination and cross-innovator groups working on various aspects of the challenge and solution - ultimately to test and learn together.
- Innovation funding of different pieces of the puzzle to catalyze progress. We provide open-source grants to take on experiments, prototypes and pilots that benefit everyone working in this space.
We believe product innovators are essential in solving many of the technical challenges on the path to affordable and scaled Oxygen Concentrators.
These pages and resources are for everyone working in this space, feel free to contribute what others might find useful.