Who Am I ?
Hey ! I am Valay. I am currently a software engineer at Outerbounds.
I am a tech/code nerd. I strive to be a generalist WRT technology but my current focus is towards the AI, machine learning and building human friendly tools to accelerate AI and ML research and development. Checkout my blog (Or rather my ramblings) : https://turing-bot.com/
- Create tangible value in society through the means of technology and innovation.
- Support Open-source for the growth of the general collective of human kind.
- Creation yields satisfaction but not overnight.
- Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think - Ayn Rand
- World View : $Curiosity \prec Utility$
- Google and other search engines weren't so useful when doing literature reviews and finding new research in grad school. Sci-Genie a suite of search tools over CS ArXiv for quickly surveying and finding new research. Sci-Genie provides a search website over full text from CS ArXiv and a browser Extension to bring in relevant information about citations, other papers by the authors and tables describing comparisons from a paper.
- The browser extension is under development and is soon to be released. Sci-Genie was my master's degree thesis. Read more about it here.
- The open source project powering Sci-Genie can be found here.
- If you are interested in contributing don't be shy to reach out!. :)
- A thought experiment I ran to see how these language models predict a website given the title and content of the site.
- The results actually surprised me!.
- A brilliant ML scaling/versioning solution built in python by the folks at Netflix.
- This project is the epitome of brilliant software design and packaging of abstractions. I have written a lot about my experiences integrating Kubernetes into Metaflow over here. If you interested in the code :