Students will be able to:
- Explain what p5’s
noise() function does.
- Understand when, why, and how to use
- Critically compare
- Explore sampling, mapping, and controlling
- Describe (some of) the historical role of Perlin Noise in procedural generation
- Describe the qualities of Noise (Frequency, Amplitude, Smoothing, Layering/Detail/Octives, Dimensions)
- Understand core Noise function design considerations.
- Practice using noise functions in their own sketches.
- Read the Noise chapter
- Complete the coding challenges.
- Add two questions related to the chapter or challenges below.
Chapter + Challenge Questions
🧟 Put your two chapter / coding challenge questions here. Please include your name.