Effective from May 2021
Workflow Owner: Quality Outcomes Manager
The objective of this workflow is to outline the information handling practices of Five Good Friends.
- All personal information relating to Members or Helpers, whether paper or electronic, is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Conversations with or about Members or Helpers are conducted in private.
- Employees are to access Member or Helper records when it is in accordance with their professional or administrative role.
- Suspected or actual data breaches are to be reported as per the Data Breach section of this workflow
- Data breach – is when personal information held by Five Good Friends or third party providers is lost or subjected to unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, other misuse or interference
- Personal information – is information or an opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, ether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not.
- Sensitive information – a subset of personal information and is defined as:
- information or opinion (that is also personal information) about an individual’s racial or ethnic original; political opinions; membership of a political association; religious beliefs or affiliations; philosophical beliefs; membership of a professional or trade association; membership of a trade union; sexual preferences or practices, or criminal record.
- health information about an individual
- genetic information
- biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification, and
- biometric templates.
Request to access information