This Alliance does not seek to redo or replace important work that has already been done. We are focused on identifying, sharing and amplifying practices that make a difference.
Here’s what the partnership intends to do and not do:
✅ Here’s what we aim to do:
- Join the dots between organisations and projects that influence different parts of the Arts sector’s talent pipeline so we can collectively understand and improve the pipeline for future talent.
- Signpost to D&I initiatives we hear of that might be of interest to others in the sector.
- Create a safe, helpful network within the sector in which participating organisations can seek advice, ideas, feedback or partnership on D&I initiatives where they feel they need it.
- Amplify good D&I work by participating Arts organisations to showcase the organisations in the sector that are actively working to ensure the sector is inclusive and welcoming to all.
- Create a simple digital home for all the D&I online resources relevant to the Arts that any participating organisations can use.
This means that as organisations who commit to this same spirit and shared goal, we will:
- Share our EDI resources wherever possible.
- Share our EDI knowledge to help other organisations.
- Amplify their EDI work through our communities and networks.
- Champion their EDI initiatives.
- Seek out and explore ways we can work together on EDI in the Arts.
- Commit to having a senior person in the business responsible for being the key contact for EDI.
- Commit to factoring EDI efforts into your business plans. It doesn’t matter what stage of maturity your organisation is at on this issue, the commitment is that wherever your baseline is, you put plans in place to strive for improvement where needed.
We acknowledge that we as an individual organisation and a sector, we have more to learn and we’ll only do this by leveraging the full field of expertise, passion and resources available in our industry. Similarly, if we can help other organisations on their EDI journey, we’ll be raising the bar and the experience for all.
❌ Here are things we won’t be doing:
- Creating a prescribed programme that organisations need to follow. All organisations are in different situations. We all need to take responsibility for our own EDI strategies at a leadership level and we will all do this in a way that is appropriate for our circumstances. No one path is right for everyone. This group is about helping all of us see and make use of the information, opportunities and options to make progress.