Why should I use Safety Mode on Gem?
The Safety Mode on Gem uses mixtX Flashbots API which allows regular users to easily submit their transactions to the Flashbots Auction by using a custom API endpoint. Everything should be the same for users, except transactions are sent to Flashbots, and then directly to miners, instead of the public mempool.
Key benefits to using the Flashbots API endpoint:
- Frontrunning protection: your transaction will not be seen by hungry sandwich bots in the public mempool.
- No failed transactions: your transaction will only be mined if it doesn't include any reverts, so you don't pay for failed transactions.
- Priority in blocks: transactions sent via Flashbots are mined at the top of blocks, giving them priority.
When should I use Safety Mode on Gem?
As stated in the reasons why you should use Safety Mode on Gem, there can be multiple scenarios when you would want to enable Safety Mode on Gem:
- In case you want Frontrunning protection: Some example scenarios where you might need front-running protection can be:
- When you are doing a big trade, say buying a lot of NFTs, and you don’t want other people to know about your transaction before it is completed (meaning, keep your transaction private until it’s successfully completed), then you should enable Safety Mode.
- In case you want to avoid failing transactions: When buying items using Gem with Safety Mode on, you will only be charged a gas fee if ALL of the items you are trying to buy were successfully bought.
How to use Safety Mode on Gem?
Step 1: Add some items to your cart
Add some asset(s) to your cart and proceed by clicking on “Proceed to Checkout”
Step 2: Toggle-on the Safety Mode
On the “Select payment tokens” page, notice a toggle button on the top right of the cart as highlighted in the image below.