What is Speakezee? 🎧 🎙️
- Speakezee is an asynchronous audio social networking application that allows people to engage with each other thru voice. We strongly believe that hearing others is a great way to connect with them on a personal level. Voice carries energy and emotions which we often lack in our current social media environment that focuses mostly on text, photos and (more often than not) staged videos.
Why do stories and replies expire after 7 days? 🧨
- We believe that the content in our app tends to be more like "live in the moment" type. That said, keeping stories and replies for more than 7 days is not very relevant.
Why are stories and replies 30 seconds max? ⏱️
- We have tested 30 seconds enough to come to conclusion that it is the optimal duration for both creator and listener. Most thoughts and stories fit very well in half a minute (normally even less than that). If more time is needed, you can always create a thread by adding your own replies to your story.
Can I add text comments or upload photos, videos or existing audio files to the app? ⏫
- Our vision for Speakezee is to be pure audio that's created by people as they use the app. When you listen to others, any visual distractions can hinder that experience. We also see that most of the other asynchronous audio apps allow either all of these things or some combinations of them but we find their user experience rather overwhelming and often confusing. We want to focus on one thing and we want to do it better than anybody else.
Why can I add a hashtag to a story but not to a reply? #️⃣
- The story's hashtag is used to organise the content within the app. Replies normally conform to the topic of the parent story so the need for a hashtag there is little to none. We are building an audio experience that you can enjoy by disconnecting from the screen and consuming the voice of the people you engage with. Having multiple hashtags in a thread may add some visual noise and negatively impact the listening experience.