- It’s essentially impossible to accurately predict the “value” of something before it’s built, particularly a public good. Retroactive funding enables alignment between the communities mission and values with the financial remuneration allocated for a given set of deliverables.
- Value delivered to a community can’t always be measured in financial ROI. Retroactive funding allows a community to evaluate ROI subjectively using a variety of KPIs.
Retroactive Public Goods Funding
- Coordinape at Bankless DAO Part 1
- How to Coordinape in BanklessDAO (5m 30s)
Retroactive Funding for Public Goods and Review of Optimism Grants Round #1
- Quadratic voting to determine allocations in a given round
- Open to anyone who wants to submit completed work for retroactive funding in a proposal
- Funding caps to reduce impact of gaming the system
- Example of how what this looks like between Gitcoin and OceanDAO
- We can fork the token-gated grant submission pipeline and deliverables management front-end (integrates with Discourse and Airtable) + quadratic voting contracts from OceanDAO.
Other retroactive funding mechanisms?