Taktile is a technology company building cloud-native software that underpins the financial products of the future. We focus on financial services, because they are a critical backbone of modern society, helping individuals and companies finance their dreams and insure against adverse scenarios. Our goal is to become the leading AI Platform for the banking industry and our software is already being used to underwrite hundreds of thousands of loans every day.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services. Our team consists of engineers**,** entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies, startups, and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, firstminute Capital and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.
What You'll Do
- Translate Figma designs into React, and continuously iterate on the implementation based on customer feedback.
- Deepen your knowledge of Typescript by implementing and owning new features in our frontend.
- Understand and extend architectural components by working on our authentication and store layer based on JWTs, Axios and MobX.
- Work with our CI/CD infrastructure based on GitHub Actions.
- Learn about our infrastructure based on Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Come into the office (in Berlin) at least a couple of days a week, once the COVID-19 pandemic lets up.
- Learn together with your co-workers, by following your intellectual curiosity to discover more about new markets and technologies as well as by participating in our active feedback culture
Ideal, But Not Required
- Familiarity with the principles of Material Design
- Ability to code in React and Typescript
- Proficiency in German, or a willingness to learn
- Work with colleagues that lift you up, challenge you, celebrate you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields. If you are similarly capable, caring, and driven, you'll find yourself at home here.
- Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company.
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy and communicate directly with founding team members. Having an opinion and voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo.