All of the action within homes takes place in rooms. With different rooms for different topics, purposes, or sub-groups, groups stay more organized - allowing people to tune into the conversations they care about, and ignore the rest.
In a home, you can mix and match 5 different kinds of rooms to create the perfect setup for your group or community:
- Chat rooms: chat in real time with text, pics, videos, GIFs, mentions, replies, reactions, polls, pins, and more
- Post rooms: forum-style posts with all the fun stuff from chat rooms (pics, videos, GIFs, mentions, etc), plus sorting by most recent, most upvotes, or most commented on
- Audio rooms: talk live with up to 99 people
- Video rooms: pop-in to hang out with up to 16 people at a time
- Broadcast Rooms: up to 9 people can broadcast live to an audience of thousands
Rooms can have different levels of access:
- Required: Everyone in your home is required to be in these rooms (cannot leave) - these are useful for rooms/conversations that are vital to the group or community, e.g. "Announcements".