BugCrowd 2020 Recap
We asked Bugcrowd's Founder and CTO, Casey Ellis, gives us a sneak peek into the future of cybersecurity in this infographic blog.
Casey's four predictions are:
- Ethical hackers will play a key role securing and building confidence in future elections
- Governments around the world will continue to adopt vulnerability disclosure as "a normal part of being on the internet"
- State-sponsored attackers will increase the use of false flag attacks in cyberwarfare efforts
- The life or death nature of ransomware in healthcare will force innovation in dealing with the ransomware epidemic
BlackHills Information Security 2020 Checklist
- Use SPF/DKIM for your email. A good walkthrough on how to do this.Use keepass as a password manager and pentest your passsword policy.
- Dont get hacked by Supply chains.
- sysmon for windows event logs and osquery for linux event logs.
- Hacked by Fileshares — Make sure you look for "password" key phrases in your file system
- Hacked by Wireless — MITM. Proper network segmentation, Wireless IDS/IPS to know when evil twin is in there. Ubiquity w/ Secuirty Onion.