Source - https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanmoed/2019/09/09/why-y-combinator-in-2019-2020-the-accelerators-latest-startups-provide-an-inside-look/#3763da1c4bf3
TL;DR - Y Combinator is a famous and growing accelerator program that has a high success rate in aiding founders.
Tags - Y Combinator, seed round, equity, startups
- What does Y Combinator offer to founders?
- What is the Y Combinator experience?
- Y Combinator has evolved to have a more international footprint with a focus on emerging markets.
- On top of its 3-month seed accelerator program, Y Combinator launched a Series A program and offers an online course.
- Y Combinator offers its companies $150K in exchange for 7% equity.
- The program is open ended; includes office hours, feedback sessions, checkpoints, and an orientation.
- Participants use Demo Day to attract investors for a seed round.
- Y Combinator founders list the alumni network as the most valuable asset from the accelerator.
- The diligence and fundraising cycles are much faster in the US than in other countries.
Follow up links: