Beginning of presentation
- Small talk
- “Hi Nick, welcome to the room. Where are you calling from?”
- Hi everyone, this is Sherry. She has backgrounds in finance and marketing. If you have any questions about them please let her know.
- Warm up and plan out your presentation
- “Hi everyone, I know it is late and everyone is eager to get off work so I want to make this as efficient as possible. I welcome everyone to share any ideas or insights.”
- “I will be covering a few points and then conduct a Q&A section, please feel free to provide your insights and ideas.”
During the presentation
- Guiding your audience through the presentation with intention and purpose
- Using verbs
- I’d like to stress the following key features of our product.
- I want to draw your attention to the following key points.
- I’d like to emphasize that our product is reaching its last stage of clinical trials.
- I’d like you to pay close attention to the figure I am about to present.
- It’s time to focus on the action plans we propose for this project.
- Using what in the beginning of the sentence
- What we need to focus on is ______.
- What is extremely important is ________.
- What we should do is talk about __________.
- Rhetorical questions
- So, just how important is this?
- So, what are the solutions to these issues?