What are we here for? The Giveth Governance Working Group session is to hash out any proposals and decisions that need to be made, either here or for submission to the rGIV DAO for official vote!
- I'm Feeling // My focus this week / My Priority for Governance Team
- Lauren: Well slept and feeling good! Distracted with the trip to EthCC! Circles and Values and TRACE Launch!
- Mitch: Close out some issues this week before traveling on Sunday. Analytics discussions with io and trace, then launch Trace and the associated comms.
- Mateo: Wrapping up by Thursday for EthCC too! How can we improve the DAO and make better use of the proposal process, also interested in hiring topics.
- Forest: Settling in after moms visit. Connecting with Donna for PM Economy onboarding, going through the GitHub and organizing, launching Trace. Clarify the proposal process!
- Dani: sprained wing, looking forward to the proposal.
- The Forum is up and active! Please use the Proposals category to solicit feedback for the advise process, clarify proposals and get them ready for a vote on Aragon.
- Categories and tags in the forum - all proposals in one place then with tags for their status (Advice Process, Vote Now, Passed, Rejected)
- Proposals is a top category, then sub-categories are the 3 Circles
- Circle Proposals can go to the DAO for funding
- Fewer proposals going to the DAO and greater autonomy for the Circles
- Communication is key - proposals in the forum, even if just within a Circle, should be presented in the Community Call for transparency.
- Circles can request funding from the DAO then distribute the trust to the Campaign Manager for paying Traces.
- Discourse has a Poll function!
- How long should a proposal spend in advice process on the forum before going on Aragon for a vote?
- Longer advice process allows more thought, feedback, updates etc.
- Risk of giving Admins the ability to invalidate a proposal for not following the guidelines.
- 3 day minimum is built into the DAO already
- 5 days in advice process plus 3 days in voting gives a good 8 days for all time zones and meetings to have an opportunity.
- Will Circles be responsible for paying people working in their Circle, getting the funding and distributing, or will one Circle pay them all?
- DAO Proposals for review at https://aragon.1hive.org/?#/giveth/:
- Proposals passed: #39 3 Circles Proposal PASSED
- Discussion requests:
- Campaign Payments - process & type of payments received
- Quarterly rGIV Distribution - 3,333 rGIV tokens for Q2
- Revisit this later and move away from rGIV in the future
- For now continuing the dilution by adding 1,111 for this makes sense
- Proposal to advice process later this week when the spreadsheet is drafted - please watch and review closely
- PAN - Hannah and Dani to review previous calculations
- GitCoin - about $7k in matching then PAN matching comes in, several Rounds of donations are still hanging out, Griff and Willy need to build custom transactions to claim the funds from ZKSync then create proposals to withdraw and get them into TRACE.
- Update the address for the next round - DAOStack Dao
- Dev Hiring Discussion