Taktile is a technology company building cloud-native software that underpins the financial products of the future. We focus on financial services, because they are a critical backbone of modern society, helping individuals and companies finance their dreams and insure against adverse scenarios. Our goal is to become the leading AI Platform for the banking industry and our software is already being used to underwrite hundreds of thousands of loans every day.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services. Our team consists of engineers**,** entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies, startups, and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, firstminute Capital and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with our team on a suite of backend APIs implemented in Python, using FastAPI and Pydantic.
- Continuously learn about new technologies and patterns and help design and improve our microservice architecture.
- Design, implement and take ownership of RESTful APIs.
- Work with our CI/CD infrastructure based on GitHub Actions.
- Learn about our infrastructure based on Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Come into the office (in Berlin) at least a couple of days a week, once the COVID-19 pandemic lets up.
- Learn together with your co-workers, by following your intellectual curiosity to discover more about new markets and technologies, as well as by participating in our active feedback culture.
Ideal, But Not Required
- Experience working with Python and FastAPI
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Proficiency in German, or a willingness to learn
- Work with colleagues that lift you up, challenge you, celebrate you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields. If you are similarly capable, caring, and driven, you'll find yourself at home here.
- Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company.
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy and communicate directly with founding team members. Having an opinion and voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo.
- Learn from experienced mentors and achieve tremendous personal and professional growth. Get to know and leverage our network of leading tech investors and advisors around the globe.