An upskilling model where learning happens daily, and on the job
Learnings on this Thesis
- The world is increasingly learning at the workplace, and using more technology in that process.
- We brake down the space in three segments: the training space, the Learning & Development space, and the Benefits space.
- Spending in all categories combines to about $350b globally – half of it goes to external spending and the other half goes to internal training (payroll of L&D and training professionals)
- Yearly spending reaches $160B in the US market, with ~$80-100B market in both the EU and Asia.
- While benefits space in general is worth about $300b in the US (with a tenth of that going towards benefit management and software), the learning benefits market is still very small
Internal Operations Training
2. Learning & Development
Internal L&D Content
Content developed internally
External L&D Content
Learning content platforms
Health Benefits, rewards, discounts, saving plans, commuter
Learning as a Benefit
Tuition reimbursement benefits
Ad-hoc learning benefits